13. Ice Cream. It's Oh-So-Good and I love it, love it, LOVE it. Then I start coughing, then I get the weird metallic-tasting headache (if you've never had one, then I can't explain it to you), then my tumtum hurts if I forgot to take the LactAid stuff. Why do I do this to myself?
12. Housework. Okay, I know I'll lose some of you on this one, but I love it. It makes me feel all domestic and Donna Reed-ish, and I like to be able to look back and see a job-well-done. But I hate it when I feel all guilty for not keeping everything clean all the time. Everyone tells me...you have five children, your house can't be perfect. But I feel all icky inside when things are a mess.
11. Makeup. There's nothing like being all made up and pretty. Love it. There's also nothing like your face being itchy and swollen. I've tried everything I've come across. It all irritates my skin. Thankfully, aside from my one monthly pimple that tells of things to come, my skin is clear and I don't scare people when I walk by.
10. Carbs. Who doesn't love'em? Every potato, noodle, or pastry seems to deposit itself directly into my ample fat stores. (before I get all the little comments...I do eat fruits and veggies galore because my body loves those!)
9. Homeschool. Well, actually I just love it. But there are days that I watch the school bus go by with a strange urge to run out the door in my jammies and flipflops with my robe flowing behind me and yell "WAIT!!! TAKE ME--I MEAN MINE--TOO!!!!"
8. Blogging. So fun. I just don't know when to stop!
7. Burping. Don't laugh. You love it too. Funny thing is that I never could do it without getting a little more than I bargained for until my first baby came along. I'm still not really good at it. That's where the hate comes in. There's nothing like a good burp (but please, remember your manners!!!).
6. Sunny days. Love them as long as I can get out and enjoy them. Hate just looking longingly out the window while we plug away at some important assignment.
7. Rain. Can anyone say drought? If you live around here, you love the rain. That said, being caught at the park in a torrential downpour with 5 small children when you can't find your keys down in the diaperbag ain't so lovely.
6. Pets. I've always been an animal person. Big animals, small animals...I love them all. But I have five children! Who's idea was it for us to have 2 cats, a dog, and 3 fish?
5. Fasting. Sure, everyone gets the hate part. But nothing beats a fast for helping you focus on what really matters.
6. "Mommy". Some days it is the sweetest sound on God's green Earth. Then there are the times when I feel like my grandmother who used to threaten to change her name to a dirty word so she could inflict pain on any child who dared to utter it.
5. Potty training. Who doesn't love the idea of getting that last one out of diapers? That said, potty training is messy, often frustrating, and never turns out exactly like you planned.
4. Music. I'm a classically trained vocalist, and I love so many, many kinds of music. I sing all the time. But when I rarely enjoy a quiet moment, why do I need to clutter up my few peaceful opportunities with noise? So when my hubby asks me why I don't listen to the new sound system during the day, I can't help but look at him with a vaguish (new word?) look of incredulity on my face.
3. Pregnancy. No explanation here.
2. Chocolate. Obsessions are bad. But it's so good.
1. Potty training. Can you guess what's going on in our family right now?
Thursday, May 01, 2008
Posted by Shelley at 9:48 AM