Monday, August 04, 2008

MOTH...and I don't mean the bug

As many of you know, I decided to try out the Managers of Their Homes scheduling plan because it was designed by a homeschooling mom, Teri Maxwell, with a large family (she has 8 children). I figured that since she has actually been where I am, maybe it might really work. Making this schedule has been challenging, to say the least, but so worth it. I know I mentioned before that I had tried finishing the thing in just one sitting (going completely against one of the most basic principles of the book), but that ended in disaster when I walked away from the computer, after days and hours of work, and forgot to click save.

I had myself a regular old pity party, and gave myself a sound kick in the pants for not (a.) finishing it up with the sticky tac and little strips of colored paper that came with the book instead of opting for the computer version which I thought would be easier with my little morsels crawling all over me; or (b.) practicing Rule #1 of computer use: save early and save often!!! I lost the whole thing. Or should I say, the rotten little children, ahem, lost the whole thing.

Well, after I spent a couple of days mourning my loss and recovering from the brief thought that it wasn't worth it and I might as well just give up....

Drum roll please.....

I finally finished my beautiful schedule!!! I'm soooo happy with it. It turns out that there were quite a few truly important changes I needed to make to it anyway. So maybe I should have thanked the rotten little sweet little morsels for sending me back to square one! I'll update you all very soon on how it is going.

Oh, and I think I finally learned a lesson about trying to finish everything at once rather than breaking it into manageable chunks. Not mastered, mind you....maybe that will be a pleasant byproduct of this new schedule.

No comments: