Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Amazing Artists I Admire

Every once in a while, someone sends me something that just knocks me off my feet. I am definitely a fan of the arts, and love to be amazed by unlikely artists. Today, a friend of mine sent me a link to a video of an elephant painting a portrait. Now, back in September, our family went to Zoo Atlanta. The exhibit that we spent the most time admiring was the elephants. We watched in awe as these gentle giants took paintbrushes and abstractly slapped different colors onto a canvas. While this was certainly impressive, nothing I've seen beats this video.



Another artist that has been circulating the internet recently is a young girl who paints beautiful and poignant pictures. You may have already seen this, but it is certainly worthy of a repeat viewing!



And the next artist is not all that impressive just for who he is...let's face it, an elephant or a little bitty girl will trump an old man any day. But Don Marco impresses me because of his chosen medium: Crayola crayons. I've never seen results like these come from a simple child's crayon.



One of these days, I'll get with the new millennium and acquire myself a digital camera that does not need floppy disks since I don't have a floppy drive and therefore cannot download any of my pics to my blog. But you'll believe me, I'm sure, when I tell you that my children draw some pretty amazing pictures too. If they had access to the paints and canvas, they might be able to do some pretty impressive stuff. But mom is cheap and has enough to clean up without the two littlest tykes getting into paints and brushes. So they'll just have to stick to pens, pencils, markers, and crayons on regular old drawing paper for now. They used to be quite prolific, but they've slowed down recently. Now I only get about 10 pictures per day if I'm lucky!

No comments: