Thursday, August 21, 2008

Coming out

Okay, I do this with much prayer and consideration, but I'm coming out with all our names. I don't even know why I felt like we needed to be private, other than the fact that everyone seems to be so concerned with identity theft and such.

But here's the deal...for all of you who don't know me personally, I'm wondering if anyone can match the children with their names. Here's all the information I'm gonna give you:

I have four boys, ages 10, 8, 3, and nearly 2. I have one daughter here who is 6, and one who went to be with Jesus 4 years ago.

Their names are: Zechariah, Daniel, Abigail, Isaiah, Joshua, and Rachael.

Please do not comment if you already know their names. And if you are a lurker, please don't leave me looking like I have no audience. I know you're there!!! ;)

I'm gonna leave this to see what happens for a week, and then I'll send a little link love to everyone who gets it right. I'll also keep my eye one everyone's blogs so that I can put a little review along with the links, OK?

Be blessed, and play fair, please!

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Okay, I have never visited your blog before now, so I am going to just take one big guess. Here goes...
Daniel-10
Zechariah-8
Joshua-3
Isaiah-2
Rachael-6
Abigail-with Jesus
Looking forward to learning their names. Thanks for visiting my blog.
Rebecca @ The Washington Walkers

Vered said...

You'll forgive me if I don't play, right? :)

I am very sorry for your loss.

It's wonderful that you have such a big family. I don't think I could ever do it, but I admire people who do.

Shelley said...

Rebecca, you're close...oh so very close. That's scary! Thanks for dropping by!

Vered, you know I'll forgive you. You bring me laughter on a regular basis. And thanks for your kind words. We love the large family and would like to add at least one more by adoption!

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to 'play' since I know the correct identity of everyone :) Just wanted to say HI! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm not going to 'play' since I know the correct identity of everyone :) Just wanted to say HI! :)

Sheila said...

Okay Shelly I have visited your blog several times since I have met you and I still have no idea whos who...
So i am going for a guess...
Joshua-10
Daniel-8
Isaiah-3
Zechariah-2
Abigail-6
Rachael-with Jesus

Rebecca said...

We're waiting...

The Broken Man said...

Right, I have no idea with the girls - that would be a pure guess, but I'm going to have a go with the boys. I reckon they go in the following order (from oldest to youngest:

Daniel
Joshua
Isaiah
Zechariah.

And I think they go in that order because I reckon you came up against the same problem as we did thinking of baby names. We looked for some Bible names that weren't too normal and boring (so Matthew, Mark etc were out), but that weren't too "out there". So, I think that having 4 boys they go from the more "normal" biblical names to the slightly less usual!

The Broken man

Shelley said...

Linda: Hi, yourself! And thanks for your help Sunday!

Rebecca: I said a week, didn't I? ;)

Sheila: Sorry, but no. Anyway, I love your blog and have a link to it up in my sidebar already...everyone should check it out!

Broken: Your reasoning is sound, and for us Americans anyway, it would apply to the girls as well. But, no. No one has it yet!

Rebecca said...

Okay, now it's safe to say "We're waiting..." Hope to find out the answer soon. :)