Thirteen thoughts on pets:
1. Cats don't eat as much as dogs.
2. Fish eat even less.
3. Dogs can learn cool tricks.
4. Cats are graceful.
5. Dogs love bountifully.
6. Fish don't love much at all.
7. Fish don't get fleas.
8. Dogs don't get ich (Ichthyophthirius multifilis).
9. Fish don't shed their hair all over the house.
10. Cats are generally allowed on the sofa...perhaps because it's nearly impossible to keep them off. Dogs typically are not allowed on the sofa. What gives?
11. About 6 million people in America are allergic to cats. About a third of those people have cats in their homes. I fit nicely in that third.
12. Dogs and large families might not mix too well. I still haven't decided.
13. We have 1 dog, 2 cats, 3 fish, and 5 kids.
I'm not allergic to the kids. They don't use the laundry basket as a litter box. They don't bolt out the door and refuse to come back until they're good and ready. They don't leave hair all over the furniture. I don't have to balance the ph and chemicals in their water. I think I'll keep them.
As for the rest...............................I'm a softy. I'll probably keep them too. But some days I'm ready to ship them ALL off to the pound. ;)
Thursday, August 14, 2008
Posted by Shelley at 9:53 AM