Friday, May 09, 2008

We're home! and Kinder Kids stuff


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



We have finally been freed! The little Daredevil never did start eating or drinking well while in the hospital, but our pediatrician told me that if he went home it could go either way. He may perk up and be fine, or he may end up right back in the hospital. I said, "Cut us loose! We're going home, and he'll be just fine!" And you know, as soon as we told the fella he was going home, he got all happy and started acting like a healthy little boy.

Since coming home, he has been eating and drinking like a teenager....okay, that's an exaggeration. But he is gooder than good. I have my own little theory. It was just too quiet in that place for him. All that time I thought he was sleeping so much because he felt rotten. Now I believe it was just because he was so understimulated!!!!

I have to give a little shout-out to my mom and husband and all my other kids. The little Daredevil was in the big house for 5 days, and mom was right there with him the whole time. So it would have been perfectly natural for the place to be a sheer disaster when we got back. Instead, the dishes were done, the laundry was clean, folded, and neatly stacked for me to separate into its many destinations (no one else seems to be able to figure out whose is what!), dinner was ready, and the table was set (and even decorated with freshly picked flowers--wild daisies--from the yard). The kids had all had showers, the living room was neat and tidy, the kids' bedrooms were straightened, and my bed was made with freshly laundered linens. The mere fact that I did not faint with shock is almost as much of a miracle as the condition of my home.

Never in my married life have I come home to such a reception. In fact, I'm not sure that I ever have! So: Mama, I love you. You are more better than any other mom I know. Y'all, she took care of my kids, and she even ran errands with all of them in tow. She's amazing (and she's forgiven for cornering me in the bathroom and trying to kill me over last Friday's post). Sweet hubby, my life would be so much more calm and serene empty without you. Thank you for letting me come home to such a beautiful gift. You are my hero.

Now, on to the Kinder Kids stuff...

As you know, I have been away from home all this week, and while between the two of them, my mom and hubby managed my home beautifully, keeping up with schoolwork would have been too much to ask of them. So I don't have any fun and creative Kindergarten activities to share with you. But hold on to your hats, cause next week will be different. And a big THANKS to Sheila from Barracudas Corner Cove for putting this together for us! You can click on her link to the left in my sidebar. And be sure to check out her home's beautiful location!

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Shelley,
I just want to thank you so much for participating in kinder kids. I look forward to the sharing you will bring that we can try and I learning I can do along with our kinder kids as well as them.
Thank you again and for sharing.

Hugs,
Sheila

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better. Mister Man had rotavirus when he was 17 months, and we were in the hospital with him for four plus days. Not fun at all!

But at least someone cleaned your house while you were gone....

Here's hoping he stays feeling better (and if you haven't done it yet, get some yogurt into him to replace the bacteria the antibiotics killed -- that was our ped's first recommendation).